This year, Thanksgiving was just going to be us...Me, Philip and the kids.
That didn't sound like fun and certainly didn't bring out any kind of holiday cheer in me!!
I decided to invite people over to our home and host Thanksgiving dinner.
There ended up being 6 adults and 4 children (4yrs of age and under).
At first I was scared. No....horrified. I just wasn't sure I could pull something like this off. My moto in life is pretty much "go big or go home". So, I had the entire house decked out for the holidays, busted out the china, folded the dinner napkins all fancy and formal, cooked enough food to feed an army and left no detail over looked.
I'd like to say I hope to do it again, or that I enjoyed it........not sure I can either.

4 comments:
LOL! It is always so much work and destroyed so fast! Makes you wonder why you did it!
it's so pretty!
Dang girl! You did a great job! I am like you though...I go all out, or not at all. ;)
I think Thanksgiving with just your immediate family would be nice. We all get together and there's a herd of us, it's loud and crazy. No one ever gets to finish a conversation and well, the idea of a small quiet Thanksgiving sounds nice to me. I'd be afraid to use the good china with the kids etc; but glad things worked out for you.
Table cloth and walls the same color, very striking!
Sandy
Sandy's Space
Post a Comment