To Be A Military Wife"
Not everybody is cut out to do what we do...They just aren't.
I LOVE being a military wife!
I LOVE that this is the route we chose!
I LOVE that my children will grow up with this life and be surrounded by people who chose it too!!
I recently asked some of my friends what they LOVED about being a military spouse. Here are some of their answers:
*The security (job and financial)
*The people I met along the way.
*The places I've seen, the people I have met.. Knowing ever 1st and 15th that you'll have a paycheck.
*The family freebees. Things you can do together as a family that don't cost as much as it normally would. Lunch breaks with my husband.
*The mililtary family that comes with it. There are always people to help and support you when you need it. Also, the amazing friends I have met at each place we've lived.
*The adventure's we go on happy and sad. Being a military wife has helped me become a more independent and stronger woman.
*
I love seeing my hubby in his uniform and the fact that he has to keep his head shaved. =) Oh, yeah... and all the security and discounts and all that.
*The adventure's we go on happy and sad. Being a military wife has helped me become a more independent and stronger woman.
*The chance for my husband to get a FREE education to better himself.
*The discipline.
*The opportunity to travel.
I agree with ALL of these!! Here are some of the reasons (in addition to the ones listed above)that I LOVE being a military spouse:
*It has strengthen my marriage in ways I don't think civilian life ever could.
I have learned to appreciate the times we DO get to spend together and to cherish to memories we are able to make as a family.
*I have grown as an individual as well. I'm capable of so much more than I thought I ever would be!
*I appreciate the father/husband I have in our home! Being a single mom is hard....I am thankful for Philip's presence in our home...though it's inconsistant and sparse at times. I am thankful for him. The military has taught me to appreciate him!
*I'm a good mom!! The military life has force me to be a single mom quite often...I can do this! I'm a good mom!!
If you're reading my blog & you're also a military spouse, tell me why you LOVE it!!

2 comments:
So, I'm new to military life but from what I can tell so far, it is definatly hard but also has great rewards. It's strange because Brian and have been so far apart but yet I feel so close to him. Plus were are so excited to see where the NAVY takes us and the different places we may end up living in. Thanks for posting this. It's nice to know I'm not alone!
I have grown so much as a military wife. I "thought" I knew what I was in for since I was raised in a Navy family, but it is different being the wife. You have so much on your shoulders at times. Being a part-time single mom is hard. You get used to doing it alone and then they are home again and you have to find a way to step back and let them pick everything back up. You are strong and independent, yet you need them to be there with you. It is not an easy life, but I do love it!
Post a Comment