Now seating: Yarbrough- Party of 5: 5 Things I LOVE to HATE

Friday, September 24, 2010

5 Things I LOVE to HATE

I can't create a "Things I LOVE" post without another post to balance it out, right??  
So, here are 5 things I HATE...

*Note:  If you didn't think I was weird before....you will after reading this.*

Coconut!  ANYTHING coconut!!  Even the smell!!
I have hated it since I was a small child & used to tell people "I'm allergic.  I have violent reactions."  Heck, even as a grown woman, I will outright lie to people and tell them "I'm allergic"!!!!!

Anything that peels....I hate!!
I don't know why, but I am a peeling gadget moron!!  I just simply can't figure them out!!  I either end up cutting myself or absolutely slaughter my consumable victim!!!
People have tried to show me MANY MANY times different techniques and different gadgets, to no avail.  So, I stick with a good old sharp knife!!

Magnets on fridge doors!!!
Yes, I know it seems odd....and most of my "hates" will seem odd to you b/c I am somewhat odd.
There is just something about a messy, scattered arrangement of fridge magnets that drives me batty!!!

*This pictures is slightly extreme*
BUT, foot prints on my wood floors!!  AHHHH!!!!  I'm about to enforce a "socks only" rule!!  Shoes prints, foot prints, paw prints....I hate them all!!

Parents who let their kids leave the house without brushing their hair should be shot!!!
If your kid is old enough to do their own hair and they DON'T....shave their head!!  Noone what's to see that!!

If your child is young and can't do their hair themselves...do it for them!!
I HATE when I see kids at my son's school with messy, unkept (and probably unclean) hair.  Take a second and brush your kids hair!!  Seriously!!
I may be in the minority here, but I HATE it!!!
My son does not leave the house without his hair done and my daughter doesn't even walk her brother to the bus stop in the morning without a headband or a bow!!

Take some pride in your kids....BRUSH their hair!!!!!

*Phew!  THAT was my soap box for the day*



Now tell me, what do you LOVE to HATE!!






3 comments:

Christa said...

Oh my GAH!
Ok I do two of those... the magnets... and I didn't start it. I'm constantly rearranging them to make themseem orderly, but it does drive me crazy.
And I know how to use a peeler. Not the wierd one that looks like a slingshot, and I HATE a grater, but I am a pro at the other hand held one.

But everything else. I agree. Especially the hair one. I HATE when people don't brush their kids hair. I know several people guily of it, even when they go to church. And it REALLY irritates me.

JenPenM said...

I'm the exact same way with coconut. I've always hated it and have absolutely no desire to learn to like it. I tell people I'm allergic (also to bananas ;) to make sure it never hits my plate.

My grandmother is the same way with peelers. She'll be 70 years old soon and just can't do it. The only times she ever injures herself in the kitchen is when she tries to use a peeler and when she forgets to use a splatter guard for all her pan frying.

I understand not liking fridge magnets. I have a similar aversion. I only have round colorful magnets that look like buttons; I keep them in a cup on top of the fridge; and only use them when I have something that needs to be on the fridge (like kid artwork, a reminder note, etc.) Unnecessary extra magnets just clutter it up even more.

Anonymous said...

I also hate magnets and papers on the fridge. To me, part of a clean kitchen is a clean fridge door and a clean answering machine. I judge people based on what they put on their fridge door...