Now seating: Yarbrough- Party of 5: Alert The Media! We Have Baby!!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Alert The Media! We Have Baby!!

Monday, January 31st started out like any other day.  I was miserable, 39weeks pregnant and headed to the OB for what I was certain would be another unproductive appointment.  
Doctor said I was 2cm dilated and 70% effaced.  Yeah....same place I had been for the past 4weeks.  *sigh*  He stripped my membranes at approx 9:30am and sent me on my way.  

I came home and Philip left for work.  

At 11am, I had my first contraction.  It about knocked me to the floor.  5 minutes later, I had another.....5 minutes later, another.  Oy!  I was certain I was just having cramping and strong braxton hicks contractions.  I set Payton up with a snack and some Playdoh and laid down on the couch with a bottle of water, with the idea that I could get the intensity of the braxton hicks to die down.  
I laid there for 15 mins and suffered through 3 more intense contractions.  Ok...this was NOT false labor!!!  I called Philip at work and asked him to come home.  I didn't want to worry him, but made him aware, it was in his best interest to come home sooner rather than later!

Once Philip got home, we loaded the van with hospital bags, sleeping bags and overnight bags for Jackson & Payton and headed to drop Payton off at her predetermined sitter & deliver Jackson's items to his after school location.  FINALLY we made our way to the hospital.  The ride there was VERY intense.  I was convinced I was going to deliver this baby in the back of the van in some Food Lion parking lot with nothing but Philip, a State Trooper and a towel!!!

We arrived to the hospital at 1:45pm.  The valet parking staff must have called the Labor and Delivery ward and made them aware of our arrival because when we reached the 2nd floor of the hospital, there was a team of nurses waiting for me and raced me to an empty room.  While we scurried to strip my clothes and get me hooked up to monitors, every nurse in the room seemed to have a task.  One nurse was setting up a delivery tray.  Another was setting up the baby warmer.  Another was frantically trying to get Philip to sign consent forms to treat me.  And yet another trying to just find out who the heck I was and who my doctor was!!!  There was no time to formally admit me, no time for pre-delivery blood work or urine samples!!

The contractions were now only about 2mins apart and I asked for drugs!!  NOW!!  They told me they were sure they had time because formal procedure was to administer 2 bags of fluid prior to an epidural.  The panic in my eyes must have tugged at the heart strings of the nurses, because 2mins later, the anesthesiologist was in my room and popped that glorious medicine into my spine between contractions!! I could have kissed him!!!


My epidural was only in place for about 5mins when I had the urge to push.  I don't think anyone believed me.  I had only been there 20mins and I was at 5cm.  Well, to EVERYONE'S amazement, I was 10cm and Jordyn was coming!!
I told the nurse she needed to find a doctor ASAP because I push my babies out fast!

3 pushes later, and only 1hr 15mins after arriving to the hospital, Jordyn was here!!
 Jordyn Avery Yarbrough
Jan 31 2011 @ 3:02pm
7lbs 8oz 19" long
She really is the most perfect little angel!!  

 Jordyn and I spent 2 nights in the hospital before heading home to join Philip & the kids.  This is how we slept those 2 nights.  Snuggled together in my hospital bed.  I think I only slept a total of 6hrs those 2 nights.  All I wanted to do was stare at her, cuddle her and nurse her.
 Seeing Philip interact with Jordyn has been such a joy.  He's a great husband and father to our 3 children.  It's amazing what a baby can do to the heart of a man.
 There is nothing better than this!
 Jackson and Payton's first encounter with Jordyn did not go as well as I had hoped.  I cried when they left the hospital because I was so distraught.  They didn't want to touch her, talk to her, or really have anything to do with her at all.
We had talked for months are Jordyn's upcoming arrival, but I guess seeing her in real life was a little more then they were able to process.
Now that we are home and settled, they are doing really well with her and are great helpers, little mommy & daddy's and VERY aware of her and what she's doing.  Things are looking up!



We are so excited to finally have our sweet little princess join our eternal family!!  She definitely completes us!  Philip and I both agree that we aren't sure, even just after 4days what life was like without her!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, she is ADORABLE Jill! So glad you were able to hold off til you go to the hospital;) That was pretty fast! Glad things went well for you and Jordyn.

Melanie said...

Jill~
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Congrats on another beautiful baby - wow a family of 5! Who would have thought??? But who the crap would have thought that I would have 4 KIDS?? If we could only have seen the future back in St. Pete :)

The Morton's said...

She is as sweet as the come! Congrats!!!! Did you deliver at Riverside? I had a great experience there.

Andrew and Katie Mohr said...

I can't wait to meet my newest niece. She is so cute and adorable.

The Andrew Family said...

Beautiful baby, Jillian. I'm so jealous, I've never had a delivery like that! Thanks for sending me the updated blog address and it's so fun to see pictures of your folks, please tell them hello!