Now seating: Yarbrough- Party of 5: To Love, Honor and Cherish....

Monday, June 1, 2009

To Love, Honor and Cherish....


Do you ever wonder how your friends met and ended up marrying their significant others?  I know I do!!  
I decided to start this blog so people (I do and DO NOT know) could better get to know our family.  BUT, do you know how our story began.....

Philip and I were both members of the 'Rocky River Singles Branch' in Charlotte North Carolina.  We were both complete opposites. I, the branch drama queen and Philip, the quite and reserved Navy sailor.  
Our paths never crossed socially, but our eyes would catch eachothers in passing with brief hellos and goodbyes.  Philip's piercing green eyes and dashing good looks drew me to him, but from afar.  His meek and reverent personality lead me to believe he was too mature for me and probably wouldn't be interested anyway.  Philip seemed to keep his distance from my bright red, spiky hair and outlandish style.  His fear of the unknown kept him from approaching me.  He was certain I was just too wild and probably came with unwanted baggage that we didn't want to be attached to. 
After many months of friendly grettings and Sunday handshakes, the Lord made an earthshaking intervention.  I had been promted for many days to call Philip and ask him out.  I was convinced the spirit had me confused with someone else and quickly discarded the idea.  Well, when I didn't listen, the spirit no longer whispered, it screamed!!  So, much to my dismay, I swallowed my pride and picked up the phone.  The conversation was short and to the point.  Agreeing to go out with me, we planned a day and time and didn't speak again until meeting that night at the ward building to drive together to the Circus that had come to town.
This is where our story truely began; under the big top!
Three wonderful and intense months later, we were engaged to be married.  Both sets of parents approved, so the planning began.  Five months of cake tasting, dress shopping and bridal parties passed and our day had come.  On October 26, 2002, Philip and I were married for time and all eternity in the Columbia South Carolina temple. 
On September 11, 2005 Jackson Rorie Yarbrough was born.  A year and a half later, our princess arrived; Payton Lindsay joined our family on April 4, 2007. We find such joy in knowing these amazing little ones are ours forever. They are a constant reminder of the promises we made in the temple and the blessings that come from righteous living and obedience.


Okay....I'm going to TAG some of my fellow bloggers to share their stories too!!
Tell us where your story began!!  **Be sure to keep this going by tagging other bloggers too!!**

Sheri
Pam
Christa
Melissa
Courtney

6 comments:

The Morton's said...

So cute! What a fun idea to share your love story. I am so glad you two are doing so well!

C. Leah said...

Wow girl, I had no idea that's how you two [for lack of a better word] "hooked up." ;) I actually was curious about that too...
You guys definitely make a good couple and you're both awesome, (esp you)!! ;)

Pam said...

Since I have been tagged, I will carry this over to my blog and tell my story...stay tuned!

And what a wonderful story!

M Occasionally B said...

love your story...so cute! Did you mean me in your tag?

Jillian said...

Yes, Melissa! Share your love story!! :)

Krissy said...

Ah, such memories. :) I think just about everyone in the branch did a double take when you two became attached at the hip! LOL Yay for history! lol