WE ALL SCREAM FOR....ICECREAM
We have lived here in Virginia, for 1 year now, & everyday the icecream truck drives by!!! Rain or shine, hot or cold...come hell or high water, this nuckle-head is out & about. His truck is old, rusted and quite....to put it nicely....ghetto!! It plays the most distorted sounding "Pop goes the wheezel" and is over all, a mother's worst nightmare!!!
My children know is run-down piece of crap only as "the music truck". Yes, yes...I have led my children to believe, for over a year now, that this truck solely exists to drive around and play music for the entire neighborhood. They think it's great!! They run to the door whenever they hear it's tunes rounding the corner. They clap and get sooo excited that the "music truck" has paid their street a visit.
So....now that you think I am the worst mom EVER....
Let me redeem myself.....
It was a HOT July day & Mommy wanted a snow cone (because flavored ice is really as close to icecream as I will ever get since my surgery).
I can sense the "music truck" coming from miles away. I knew in a matter of minutes, he would make that dreaded right-hand turn onto our street....
I had to act quickly.
Let the kids shout with glee to hear their beloved "music truck" coming?? OR put an end to my lying and deceitful ways...all in the name of a shredded ice?!
I did....I caved in a moment of weakness I shouted "The music truck is passing out icecream today!! Who wants some?!"
Don't judge me.....
Payton picked out a "bunny wabbit"
Jackson, a "Ninja Turtle"
....like he has any idea who the "Ninja Turtles" are!!
"This is great, Mommy"
Yep....way to lay on a guilt trip.
"Music truck gave me icecream"
They didn't last on the sticks for very long.
We finally resorted to bowls and spoons.
Doesn't matter how you eat it...it was gooood!

4 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Jill you are hilarious!!
You had me laughing out loud! HAHAHAHAHA
And I don't know which part I like best: The fact that you told your kids it was a "music truck"; the fact that the truck is "ghetto," (but then again, so is my "music van"-in our neck of the woods) or the fact that you did it all for a snow cone! :) You are a trip--and that's why I luv ya!
Fun! My kids know it's the ice cream truck but we still refuse to make him stop. I'm afraid if the ice cream man knows the Martinez's have bought ice cream before he'll keep driving by to try to get us to buy again. I know I have to break down sooner or later though. Your pictures kind of make me want ice cream myself...
The funny thing is, you can only get icrecram like that from the icecream man! Lucky for us, we live on a main road, so we hear him from afar, but never at our front door! LOL!
Skuz just clued me into your blog. I wish I had thought of this. My boys always have the most despairing faces as I tell them 'no' for the 1000000 time. Toby even offers to use his own money to buy ice cream for the family. Pathetic!
Post a Comment