Now seating: Yarbrough- Party of 5: Make Room For Baby

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Make Room For Baby

Ok, so the title of this post is actually the name of some silly show on TLC, but it seemed fitting for my topic, so I gacked it!!!

Payton and Jordyn will TECHNICALLY be sharing a room.  Although it has been MONTHS since Payton slept in her room!!  A few months ago, we decided to have "sleepovers" in Jackson's room.  The idea was to get Payton used to sleeping on the bottom bunk of Jackson's beds while Jordyn adjusted to crib sleeping or if she didn't sleep through the night as quickly or as well as the 1st 2 did as infants.  Well....Payton moved all her babies, animals and blankets into Jackson's room on that 1st "sleepover" night and hasn't looked back!!!  So, Payton, in essence has 2 rooms in our home.  She and Jackson share sleeping quarters quite well.  Bedtime has never been a battle, they go right to sleep, no horseplay or waking each other up.  So, I guess my feeling on it is, why spoil a good thing?! 

Never the less, I have still decorated the "girls room" to occupy 2 children.  If at some point and time Payton wants to "move back in", she can.  :)

I have really tried my hand at being crafty while prepping and decorating the room Jordyn and Payton will share.  I think, for the most part, it has come together quite nicely and I look forward to my 2 princesses calling it their own!!



 Jackson and Payton helped me paint and mount these block-style wall letters.  They (and I) are very happy with how they turned out!!
 I was given this bedding set by a friend and wanted to do more with this bright quilt than tuck it away until Jordyn got older or hang it on the wall.  So, with the help of my wonderful husband, we deconstructed the quilt and made the most adorable wall hangings!!




With each passing day, we find ourselves another day closer to Jordyn's arrival.  We are all SO excited and can't wait to meet her!!!

0 comments: