Now seating: Yarbrough- Party of 5: My 2 hooligans!!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My 2 hooligans!!

I tell you what, I have been blessed with 2 of the most amazing kids...ever!!  They really know how to put a smile on my face and make me laugh!!


Jackson really is turning into such a little man.  It brought a tear to my eye the 1st Sunday in 2009 to know that he was no longer in the nursery at church!  Jackson is a SUNBEAM!!!  Although I was still on bed-rest from my most recent surgery, Daddy said Jackson did really well and went to Primary with no problems.  
I've been told Jackson is a great participant during singing time.  This does my heart good!!  We sing Primary songs all the time at home and in the car!  I'm so glad he has taken to this new chapter in his life!!

Jackson says some of the craziest stuff!!  The other day he came up to me and said "Mom, I need to go to soccer practice now."  What?!  This silly boy doesn't even play soccer!!


Payton Lindsay, is still, as always Mommy's little girl.  I have one of those children who hates nursery.  So what happened?......Yep, you guessed it, I got called to be a nursery leader!!  So now, Payton and Mommy spend Sunday's together too!  *can you just hear the excitement in my voice?*  
Payton is borderlined obsessed with my Mom's dog, Sassy Moto.  Honestly.  When my Mom calls at night or when we do web-cam chats over the computer, Payton always wants to talk to "Momo".  There is little else she cares about other than that dog....a dog, that really doesn't give 2 kahoots about her!!  We are looking forward to headed down to NC soon so Payton can see her beloved "Momo"!!
Before my 1st surgery in December, I had Payton 75% potty-trained.  But with the mumbo-jumbo of the holidays, my emergency surgery and all the different people who helped us out during that time, our potty training went right out the window!!  So, we are now back to square one!!  Ugh!!  She's only 20 months old, so I realize I have plenty of time, but it was something she and I worked really really hard on & to see it all be washed away really erks me!!  BUT I guess it's not THAT big of a deal.  It's not like she's 3 and not going in the potty!!!  If that were the case, it would be laziness on  my part, not inability on her part.


Well, this was just a little blog about our kids.  We have so much going for us in life right now; Jackson and Payton are just icing on the cake!  We are so blessed!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Girl! Good to hear from you! I love that people have blogs now so that I can see what everyone is up to since I don't make it back to Charlotte anymore:)

M Occasionally B said...

Hey Jill! I was glad to see that you also have a blog! It's a great way to keep in touch and kind of see the happings of eachothers daily lives. Sounds like you have had a lot goin down the past little while. I hope things are on the up for you and that you are feeling better. My life has also had some pretty dramatic changes over the past month or so. I won't say more I just let you check out my blog. ;) Great to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Girl~~~~you are too funny.....what about Jackson asking a million questions at lunch???? That was funny!!!!!!!!!