Now seating: Yarbrough- Party of 5: Payton, the Dancer

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Payton, the Dancer

Some of you may remember I signed Payton up for ballet a few months back in hopes that it would help her break out of her shell.  I wanted her to develop more socially and be able to do so in a setting that didn't involve ME.  

The last few months have changed her remarkably!  Not just in the ballet class, but in her everyday interaction with other adults and children.  It's been such a GREAT experience for her...and for me.  
Last week, Payton's dance class took part in a "show and tell".  It wasn't as elaborate or theatrical as a recital, it was just a casual evening where all the classes of 3-5yr olds were able to perform for each other and enjoy goodies and juice boxes afterwards.
It was a GREAT night!  Payton really shined.  I was nervous that she might clam up and revert back to the 'old Payton', if you will, once she realized she was outside the comfort of the studio and saw all the people that would be watching her.  Boy, was I wrong...and I'm SO glad I was!  She got up on that stage, did the very best she could and not only were Daddy, Jackson and I proud of her, but she was visibly proud of herself.
Here are some pictures from that evening.
Laughing and chatting with her fellow ballerinas as they wait for their turn to perform.

"Here I go, Mommy!!  Make sure you watch me!!"

Loving EVERY second of being on stage





And the final bow

2 comments:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

SHE'S SO CUTE! I like the idea of the younger ones having a separate "show and tell" instead of a massive recital. It's still a big deal to them but less intimidating.

Pam said...

That is so wonderful! I am so glad she did so great!! Yay for Payton!!