Now seating: Yarbrough- Party of 5: Days of our Lives. Volume I

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Days of our Lives. Volume I

So, I'm 6weeks out from my original surgery (4weeks out from my emergency surgery).  

For the 1st 5weeks, I lost on average, 10 pounds a week.  My 6th week wasn't as successful.  I am down maybe 2 more pounds.  Ugh!  So frustrating!!  Now I know how the folks on the "Biggest Loser" feel when they step on the scale and drop single digit numbers!!  I am grateful for the weight I HAVE lost though.  People go years trying to loose 50 pounds & I lost it in 6 weeks.  I have been blessed, I can not deny that I have been given the opportunity of a lifetime and I give all the glory of my weightloss to my Heavenly Father.
My surgeon told me this would happen b/c I lost soo much weight soo fast.  He warned me that I may not loose any weight for a few weeks once my body heals.  Apparently, my body is wanting to play "catchup" and not let the weight fall off as rapidly as it was originally.  
The goal in all of this, is to be healthy.  I get it!  That's why I did this surgery to start with...I want to be healthy....and skinny!!  LOL
I have been going to the YMCA 4 days a week and working my butt off!  I can't remember the last time I RAN on a treadmill, but I am!!  I've been working with the weights and strength training routines.   I need to keep in mind that as I build muscle, that "Muscle weighs more than fat".....blah blah blah.  I have an appointment with a personal trainer next Friday.  I'm really really excited to see what he'll have to do & help me boost my weightloss!!
I really want to participate in the group exercises, like "step" and "powerfit", but I'm scared!  I'm not exactly as coordinated and graceful I was when I was thinner...I don't want to look like a fool!!  I also want to get in the pool and swim.  Swimming is a great workout.  BUT, then there is the issue of getting into a swim suit......hmmmm.

So, that's me.

Philip is doing really well these days.  He really enjoys his job teaching at the 'Coast Guard Training Center'.  He was recently asked by one of his students to pin his advancement crows on when he graduates.  That speaks volumes about Philip's impression on these guys!  Of ALL the people and family members these men can choose from, one man chose PHILIP.  He was very flattered and is looking forward to graduation this Friday.  
Philip has really hopped on the healthy ban-wagon with me as well.  He's eating really healthy and working out as well.  He's reduced his soda and sweet intake drastically.  This makes me so happy.  He's supporting me and my life changes/challenges, but also changing his own habits.  
We recently booked a 5day cruise to the Bahamas.  It's not till November, but we got a great deal on a balcony suite!  We are looking forward to some time alone and well...honestly....without the kids!!  Special thanks to my folks, who have agreed to watch the kids for us during our trip!!

Jackson is...Jackson!!  He's full of life and questions!!  Questions about everything he sees and hears.  And anything you say!!  Jackson seems to hear phrases (who knows where he hears them) and he makes them his new saying.  For example: Jackson's newest phrase is  "You don't see that everyday."  He says this about everything!!  He really enjoys going to the YMCA several days a week.  It's been a great chance to get out of the house and play with different kids.  he especially loves the craft days!  He recently made a butterfly at the Y, and it has been his prized possession.

Payton and Mommy are potty training!  AGAIN!!  We had to start from scratch after my surgeries.  The insanity of the holidays and my recovery really messed her up!  So, over the weekend, we decided to try again.  Payton is only 21 months, but there's no time like the present!!  She is doing amazing!!  We are currently only working on it at home.  Just getting the concept and recognizing the feeling of needing to go.  Just 2 accidents so far!!  Woot woot!!  This may all change once pants and shoes go on, but for now, we are movin' right along!!
Jackson is Payton's biggest cheerleader!!  You see, Payton gets 1 M&M candy each time she uses the potty.  Well, to be fair to Jackson, he gets on each time Payton goes as well.  All day long, you can hear Jackson leading Payton to the bathroom:

Jackson: "Payton, do you want an M&M?"
Payton: "yeah"
Jackson: "Well, you need to go pee and we can get candy!!  "Let's go potty, Payton"
Silence........
Jackson: "That's great Payton!!"  MOOOOOOOM, Payton went Pee!!  Give us candy!!!"

I really need to record the conversations these 2 have about going pee.  It makes your heart melt and makes you wanna wet your pants in laughter!!

Well, this is our family these days!  We are all happy and healthy!!

6 comments:

Ryan and Kim said...

we can go to a class if you want when i get back in town!

post a pic of the dresses, lol!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

YOU GO GIRL! Congrats on the weight loss. And like you said, some people go YEARS and don't loose that much! You've done good...don't beat yourself up!
That's too funny about the potty training! How cute is that!
And what a great thing for Phillip! that's so awesome!
Hope you'll post pictures soon of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Jackson has been talking to Tanner for sure!!!! She got an M&M when Harper was going potty!!!!! Too cute!!!

Christa said...

I'm on the road to new me too. I'm about to write a blog about it. I wish you lots of luck and hope that get what you're wanting...me too.

M Occasionally B said...

glad things are going so well with the weightloss. AND how cute are your kids. I can't wait(well I can) until Cody starts saying funny things like that!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the weight loss!!!! I love the potty story, thats so cute!!