Summer is here!! The kids are outside playing in full force! And so are the bugs!!!
This week proved to be very interesting, as both of the kids had unique encounters with different types of bugs.
Jackson was stung by a BEE!!!
He was very traumatized and milked it for ALL it was worth!! Ice, band-aids, numbing 'Neosporin', popsicles, and a very pitiful limp fill Jackson's day last Saturday.
Luckily JR didn't have any allergic reaction or side effects from his bee encounter and is back to his normal, barefoot playing self!!
Bath time last Saturday started out just like any other night. It was Mommy's night to bath "The Princess". As I soaped Payton up, I felt something.....I moved her long flowing hair only to find...a tick!!!! I about died!!! Yuck!! Gag!! Bleh!!
Just like Jackson, the drama over flowed from the small yet mighty 3yr old!! It took A LOT of convincing and eventually a bribe with candy for Payton to let me removed the tick with tweezers and draw a "tattoo" circle on her back with a 'Sharpie' marker so that I could monitor the bite for infection.
A week later, she is no worse for the wear and is the same ol Payton. On occasion, Payton will touch her shoulder and asked if her tick bite is all gone.
Welcome summertime!!


2 comments:
You are a better momma than me....all three kids got ticks more than once living in Gloucester and I never circled the site and kept an eye on them. I just guessed where it was....weeks later!
big hugs!!!
We have been through the ticks here...so far no bee stings though!! Glad everyone is ok!!!
Post a Comment