Now seating: Yarbrough- Party of 5: She's Alive!!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

She's Alive!!

So, here I sit- 5 days post surgery and feeling fantastic!!
It has been a rough 5 days though, don't get me wrong.

I had my procedure on Monday and was sent home Tuesday around 4pm. A WHOLE day early!! Doc said I was doing amazing & he didn't see any reason to keep me. He flattered me, saying I was easiest patient he had done in a very long time and expects my results to be "quick and amazing".
I have to admit, I was pretty upset....this hospital stay was kind of like a mini-vacation for me!! But, my job of MOM & WIFE was calling, so I was disharged.

Philip has been great with the kids. Especially since they have not been tollerating him very well at all!! They will stand at the gate to our bedroom & scream about "I want a snack!!" Daddy won't let me watch my show!" "I need warm mik!" They are so used to ME doing these things for them, that they are not giving Daddy a chance to help.
Payton is taking this all really rough. She doesn't understand why she can't sit ON me or what I can't pick her up.
As soon as I walk in the door from the hospital, I showed the kids my "boo boos" and told them "Mommy can't pick you up" and "Mommy can't hold you for a few days either" "These are Mommy's boo boos". We also developed an action plan to ensure they get love from Mommy. Whenever somebody needs a hug or some love, you can stand on a dining room chair or bring a chair from your room to stand on mext to Mommy's recliner and we can hug and love.

Payton asks to see my "boo boos" about every...um....3minutes.
Jackson has only asked to see them once and now just says "Mommy, you're boo boos are better now. Play with me"

The first few days home, I really questioned what I had done to my body & if I would ever be the same.
I had one really bad night. I was sick for 6 hours straight & really thought I was dying. I had pain like I never felt before. I wasn't able to bend over a toilet to be sick, so.....yeah TMI, nevermind.

4 days post op, we all piled in the truck and made the 5hour journey to NC for the holidays.
Dad with his Mountain Dew
Mom with her jello and painpills
Jackson & Payton with they DVDs playing
and Layla (our boxer) in between her favorite kids- We made out treck!!
Everybody did really really well and we arrived safely to Grandma and Papas!!

I woke up today, day 5, feeling like a new women!! No pain (well, some, but I"ll take it, over what I've been feeling!!), walking straight, no oozing!! Score!!!
Mom and I hit up a local "Smoothy King" for a special shake made just for folks like me!! Jackpot, special treatment!!! Then we hit up Belk and Foodlion. Doesn't sound like fun?! Well, to see the world for the 1st time in about a week, was sooo faaaablous!!


Tis the Season. Of holiday baking, goody baskets filled to the brin with candies and nuts all the fabulous foods that make the holidays famous, amazing homecooked meals, Mom's peanut butter balls and fudge in the fridge. YES!! This is what holidays are all about! Wait.....This is was holidays WERE all about.....for me anyways. My holidays this year are all about protien shakes, jello, yogurt, pudding (all of this stuff is fat free, sugar free mind you: ICK) and water water water!! Happy Holidays to me!!!!
I don't want any special treatment though. I told Mom to treat this holiday and Drew's birthday like everyother year. Bake with the kids, make good meals, enjoy the holidays. I will too....yeah....with my water bottle and jello (that I eat with a baby spoon, so I feel like I'm getting a full helping of it).
I'll enjoy my holidays and great meals made by Mom next year..and the years to follow.



As this year comes to an end & a year just around the corner, may we all set goals, have dreams and reach for the stars!! 2009 is going to be my year!! Make it yours too!!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You're such an inspiration and I can tell you are going to make it girl!!! Good luck and just let me know if you need a listening ear or ANYTHING, anytime!
Love ya!

C. Leah said...

Okay, yeah, I'm so sorry I'm way behind on your blog!! ():)
Holy cow, I can't believe you had surgery! I hope you are feeling okay since your surgery...it's been what 10 days now? :) And I know you said not to say it, but I never thought you were that big, (seriously). But, I'm happy for you, esp if it makes you happy! ;)

Christa said...

glad to hear you're doing good... wish I would have seen you while you're here. LOVED the Christmas card! Happy New Year!