Now seating: Yarbrough- Party of 5: Father - Son Bonding

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Father - Son Bonding

I was fortunate enough to find out (with a day to spare) that the "Monster Jam" truck event was here in town for the weekend. I jumped on the opportunity to get Philip and Jackson tickets to attend.
I found a few "Monster Jam' video clips on YouTube and asked Jackson if he wanted to go with Daddy to see the monster trucks. He said yes, but was very confused.....he thought he was going to go see them at a movie theatre. I couldn't seem to get him to understand that he was going to see the monster trucks in REAL life!! Silly boy!!
I sent Philip and Jackson off to the event, with instructions to Daddy that Jackson could eat WHATEVER he wanted and have WHATEVER souvenir he wanted. This was his special night and if he wanted it, he could have it!!

Here is a sampling of their night!!!





The show was at 7:30 Friday evening, so after a full day of school and a late night event, needless to say, JR came home very very tired Friday night. I didn't get to hear his version of the events and happenings of Friday night's "Monster Jam" until Saturday morning. BUT, I have a feeling we'll be hearing about it for many more days and weeks to come!!

I'm so glad Jackson and Philip had the chance to attend this fun filled night! It makes me so happy as a Mom and wife to see my sweet boys enjoy each others company!!

I love them!!!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I am so glad he got to go! Christopher saw them over the summer at Virgina Beach and STILL talks about them! Good call on the earphones! Chrsitopher loved the trucks, but HATED the noise!

Anonymous said...

Glad they had a fun night! Carter and Mark will have to do this next time it comes!!