Grandma, my Mom, paid us a visit this weekend! It's always so nice to have her come and stay with us, but this weekend was more so of a blessing!! I had a little scare with a trip to the ER and pre-term labor earlier last week & was told to SLOW IT DOWN...big time!! Even though Mom's trip was planned before my labor issues, the timing could NOT have been more perfect!!
I have always wanted to visit the 'Yankee Candle- Flagship' store in Williamsburg, VA. So, with Payton in tow, Mom & I set out for a girls day out!!
This was THE most amazing place I have ever been!!! We will probably visit the Flagship store EVERY time Grandma comes!!
It's Christmas ALL year round!!! Santa Claus, Mrs Claus, a room that SNOWS...REAL SNOW every 4 minutes!!! It was amazing!!!
As usual, she's not smiling, but here is Payton as we entered "Christmas Land". She was SO amazed...as were Mom and I at the wonderous place we walked in to!
You can't see the snow falling, but entire section of this building was lit only by Christmas trees and the fiber optic lights that adorned the ceiling.
While Mommy & Grandma did some shopping, Payton had a chance to play in the children's area.
Payton had the unique and special opportunity to have some one on one time with Santa Claus during a pumpkin painting session. She didn't want much to do with him at the time, but she has not quit talking about him since!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What a Grandma's good for??
Creating and heading up messing arts & crafts that Mom is too OCD to allow!!
Jackson, Payton & Grandma did a SUPER FUN "Popcorn Tree" craft.
One of our favorite children's songs is "Popcorn Popping On the Apricot Tree".
They had SO much fun making their favorite song come to life!!
It was GREAT to have Grandma here with us, but life is back to normal now (as normal as our lives can be anyway). Grandma has returned home to NC and back to work, Jackson is back to Kindergarten, Payton is back to her only child (during the day) activities with Mommy. And I am taking it one day at a time.

1 comments:
So glad you had a nice visit! That is GREAT! I had forgotten about the Yankee Candle...may have to make a trip out there soon! Relax and take it easy! If ya need anything, let me know! Love ya!
Post a Comment